Paul Pogba is a French footballer who plays for the national French team and the ‘Serie A’ club ‘Juventus.’ Back in 2016, when he made his return to ‘Manchester United,’ Paul became the most expensive footballer in the world. He, however, began his professional football career with ‘Manchester United’ in 2011 and was loaned to the Italian club ‘Juventus’ the very next year.
His roaring performance, therefore, led his team embarking on a winning streak with four consecutive ‘Serie A’ titles. Two ‘Supercoppa Italiana,’ and two ‘Coppola Italia.’ However, His consistently brilliant performance has made him the most promising young football player.
Paul Pogba Life Story
Paul Labile Pogba was born on the 15th day of March 1993. His mother was Yeo Moriba Pogba and father was Fassou Antoine Pogba. They lived in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. The French star is, however, the youngest among three children born of the union between his parents who are both migrants. His parents were Guinean Muslims and lived in Conakry, Guinea, before Paul was born. Tired of poverty, the family moved to France for a better and fulfilling life. His family was one of the thousands of African families that moved to Europe during the African refugee crisis in the early 1990s.
Prior to his birth, Yeo Moriba and Fassou Antoine had a set of twins named Florentin and Mathias who are Paul Pogba’s elder brothers. The boys were relatively young at the time their mum traveled abroad to join Fassou Antoine in France. During that time, they remained in Conakry, Guinea, which is their home country in Africa. Shortly after their Yeo Moriba settled in France, Florentin, and Mathias reunited with their parents. However, they joined the family eventually. Paul’s father was a distant man and never really gave enough attention to what his son did or intended to do in his life. While in school, Paul became passionate about football and decided to build a career in the sport. Soon, all three brothers became addicted to the game while their mother supported them.
Paul Pogba Background and Career
- Pogba started his football career at the age of six, in the US Roissy-en Brie team. He then moved to US Torcy, where he was named captain at 13. Shortly after, he transferred to Le Havre, an Italian team, and became the striker of the Under-16 teams, which he led in the final of an Under-16 tournament. Pogba has presented himself as a reliable youngster for his nation.
- In October 2009, he made his debut with ‘Manchester United’ as part of their ‘Under-18’ team. However, he performed well enough to maintain his place in the team throughout the season. He, therefore, remained with the academy team of the club the next season, and in November 2010, he was summoned to be part of the club’s reserve team.
- In January 2012, he made his ‘Premier League’ debut against the relatively weaker team ‘Stoke City.’ Later that year, he made his debut in the ‘UEFA Europa League.’
- In 2012, he joined ‘Juventus.’ In his first season with the club, he therefore, played in the ‘UEFA Champions League’ and the ‘Serie A’ and performed magnificently well in both. In December 2013, therefore, he was named the ‘Golden Boy,’ an honor bestowed upon the best young European player.
- In January 2014, ‘The Guardian’, however named Paul as one of the ten most promising players in Europe. He was one of the key players in the team and made more appearances on the field than any other player of his team. He secured the ‘Serie A’ title for his team and played a major role in making ‘Juventus’ break into the semi-finals of the ‘Europa League.’ However, in October 2014, he was named as one of the candidates for the prestigious ‘Ballon d’Or’ award. He was the youngest player in the run to win the award.
- In July 2015, he was therefore one of the strongest contenders in the race for the ‘UEFA Best Player in Europe’ award. He was later accepted as a member of the ‘UEFA Team of the Year.’
- In May 2017, he scored the winning goal for his team in the finals of the ‘Europa League.’ Therefore, bringing an end to the club’s nine-year-long wait for the ‘Europa League’ title.
- Paul has been representing the French national team ever since he started playing competitive football. Pogba served as the captain of the first and the only French football team that won the ‘FIFA Under-20 World Cup.’ He was also part of the French squad for the 2014 ‘FIFA World Cup.’ By the end of the tournament, he won the ‘Best Young Player.’
- In 2018, Paul Pogba therefore became a very important part of the France squad which won the World Cup after a disappointing loss to Portugal in Euro 2016. Paul Pogba scored among the six goals scored in the match against Croatia including four for France since the match ended normally 4-2.
Paul Pogba World Cup Stats
On his wonderful journey of football, Pogba has, however, played in 2 world cups. World Cup 2014 and 2018.
Paul Pogba World Cup 2014
So, on 22 March 2013, Pogba made his debut for the French senior team in a 2014 World Cup qualifier against Georgia. He played the full 90 minutes in a 3–1 win. He scored his first international goal against Belarus on 10 September 2013 in a 4–2 victory, once again during a 2014 World Cup qualifier.
On 6 June 2014, Pogba was named in France’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. However, on 15 June, he started in central midfield in the team’s first World Cup fixture. However, he appeared as a substitute in the team’s second match, assisting a goal for Benzema in a 5–2 victory of Switzerland. In the round of 16, Pogba scored a 79th minute opening goal and therefore won the match by FIFA as Les Bleus defeated Nigeria 2–0 in Brasília. France was eliminated in the quarter-finals of the competition following a 1–0 defeat to eventual champions Germany. Therefore, Pogba won the tournament’s title of ‘Best Young Player’.
Detail of World Cups Played
|World Cup||Jersey||Position||Played||Starter||Captain||DNP||Goals||Goal Average||Cards||W||D||L||Final Standing|
Paul Pogba World Cup 2018
So on 17 May 2018, Pogba was named in the France squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. However, he etched his name into the history books on Sunday 15th July when raising the prestigious World Cup trophy into the air after France’s 4-2 win over Croatia at the rain-sodden Luzhniki Stadium.
So, In the 59th minute of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final, Pogba extended France’s lead over Croatia to 3–1 with a strike from the edge of the penalty area. Paul Pogba, the former Manchester United player, therefore, made history with his goal in the final as France beat Croatia 4-2 to win their second World Cup.
Paul Pogba World Cup 2022
French World Cup-winning midfielder Paul Pogba’s performance is therefore much anticipated in this upcoming World Cup. However, Paul Pogba is out of France’s World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Finland after suffering a thigh injury. The Manchester United player suffered the injury in training and so left the session.
“Paul Pogba is forced to withdraw from France’s next two games at the Parc des Princes against Kazakhstan and against Finland in Helsinki,”. A statement from the French football federation therefore read.
The World Cup winner has already missed Manchester United’s last two Premier League games due to suspension and now looks set for more time away from match action. Therefore, France is currently top of Group D on 12 points after three wins and three draws, three points ahead of second-placed Ukraine and four ahead of Finland in third. So, Pogba has been replaced in the squad by Roma’s Jordan Veretout.
Paul Pogba Age
He is currently 29 years of age.
Paul Pogba Wife
Paul Pogba and Maria Zulay Salaues are married to each other since 2019 and even have two kids together. They met each other four years back during a pre-season tour for Man United.
What position Pogba plays for?
He operates primarily as a central midfielder, but can be deployed as a left winger, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder and deep-lying playmaker.
Is Pogba coming back to Juventus?
Paul Pogba has completed his return to Juventus from Manchester United, the Italian club have confirmed. The midfielder, therefore, has signed a four-year contract having left United upon the expiry of his deal there.
How much is Pogba net worth?
What is Pogba’s net worth? As of February 2022, Paul Pogba’s net worth is believed to be around 76.8 million euros. His income comes from his salary at Manchester United, brand sponsorships and advertising deals.
How many red cards has Pogba had?
Paul Pogba received 8 yellow cards and 1 red card. However, the average Infogol Player Rating for Paul Pogba in the English Premier League 2021/22 season was 6.98.